ThermiVa is a quick, gentle vaginal rejuvenation treatment for patients experiencing symptoms that develop as the result of aging, pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations, and hormone therapy for treating breast cancer. These symptoms include vulvovaginal laxity, post-menopausal pain and dryness, low libido and stress urinary incontinence.
ThermiVa uses a small wand, no bigger than the size of a finger, to distribute controlled radiofrequency (RF) energy to the external labia and internal vagina structures. This energy stimulates your body’s own healing response and ignites the production of new collagen which improves localized blood flow.
Benefits of ThermiVa include:
- Vaginal (internal) and labia (external) tightening
- Increased natural moisture
- Reduced incontinence or leakage accidents
- Increased sexual sensation or enjoyment in intimacy
To ensure optimal results, we prescribe strict Pre-Treatment and Post-Treatment care guidelines for our patients to follow.
Your provider will likely recommend a series of 3 treatments depending on the condition of your vagina. These treatments are spaced at least 4 weeks apart.
Am I a Candidate for ThermiVa?
Our specialist will determine if you are an ideal candidate. A few contraindications include but are not limited to:
- Active implant such as a cardiac defibrillator, pacemaker, insulin pump or cochlear implant
- Fever or skin infection in or around the area of application
- Active Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Current urinary tract infection
Our providers may recommend an alternative treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
- Greater than stage 2 pelvic organ prolapse
- Recent vaginal surgery or fillers
Frequently Asked Questions
Each treatment takes approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour to perform.
ThermiVa treatments are described as a gentle, warm massage and does not involve anesthesia.
ThermiVa can treat both the labia, vagina and perineum.
If treated externally, skin may be slightly pink to red, swollen and warm to the touch for approximately 1 hour post procedure. You could experience mild cramping, which typically goes away in 24 hours.
Maximal results can be seen over the next 3 months following treatment. Generally, results last approximately 9-12 months. To achieve an optimal outcome, we recommend 1-2 maintenance treatments annually. Results may vary and will depend on the initial condition.