Photorejuvenation BBL Therapy
Photorejuvenation Therapy restores your skin to its natural beauty by treating sun-damaged skin, age spots, redness and more. With the Sciton broadband light (BBL) device, the upper layers of your skin are gently heated, which will stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen in the targeted areas for skin type I-V on the Fitzpatrick Scale. BBL energy will target and eliminate many of the fine vessels that cause redness and the unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions. Results include less visible wrinkles, improved skin texture, less noticeable pores and reduced skin laxity.
The following conditions can be treated:
- Age spots
- Facial veins
- Rosacea, redness and flushing
- Café Au Lait maculae
- Brown spots, birth marks
- Port wine stains
- Red spots, enlarged pores
- Burn Erythema
- Actinic keratoses
Preparing for Treatment
Prior to treatment, our provider will work closely with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that best meets your needs. Test spots may be performed to determine the optimal amount of energy per unit area based on your skin type and condition.
Am I a candidate for Photorejuvenation/BBL
Our specialist will determine if you are an ideal candidate. A few contraindications include but are not limited to:
- Hypersensitive to light in the infrared, or near infrared wavelength region
- Take Retin-A, Accutane, Differin, Tazorac, Avage or any antibiotic
- Taking or have taken isotretinion capsule within the last six months
- Seizure disorders triggered by light
- Tattoo covering the problem area
- Pregnant or nursing
- Suspicious pigmented lesions
- Receiving or have received gold therapy
- Received a neuromodulator (BOTOX, Dysport, Xeomin, etc.) and/or dermal filler (Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, etc.) within the last 2 weeks
- Unprotected natural sun exposure, tanning bed, or sunless tanner within 2-3 weeks of treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
The treatment can last anywhere from 30 minutes up to 1 hour, depending on the treatment area.
The BBL light pulse is often described as a wave of heat with the sensation of a pinprick. A topical anesthetic may be applied if necessary.
The most commonly treated areas include the face, neck, back of hands, chest and shoulders.
You should experience slight redness and/or a mild sunburn sensation for up to two hours after treatment. Patients also report the feeling of tighter skin.
Results vary with each individual. Multiple treatments may be necessary over a time span (2-4 week intervals) to reduce pigmented lesions in most regions.